Veterinary Assistant Instructor
Instruct and implement the Veterinary Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
• Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of modules.
• Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
• Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with Registrar when absences occur.
• Maintain student attendance records in accordance with established policies. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
• Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
• Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
• Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each module to update student records and transcripts.
• Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
• Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
• Assist and advise student with Veterinary Assistant program curriculum.
• May assist with the inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
• May assist and coordinate externships for Veterinary Assistant students.
• Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
• May participate in community service projects.
• Graduation from an accredited Veterinary Assistant/Veterinary Technician program or an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) and three (3) years of occupational experience as a Veterinary Assistant OR Veterinary Technician
• A minimum of four (3) years of job-related training and experience for those instructors who are not graduates from an accredited Veterinary Assistant/Veterinary Technician program.
• Current licenses, certifications, or other designations as required by local, state, or federal laws to work in the Veterinary field, with the exception of those teaching in non-core (e.g., general education) courses.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.
To apply please email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.