Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician
A dialysis technologist with a phlebotomy technician works under the supervision of registered nurses. He/she performs both the duties of patient and equipment care. The duties as the dialysis technologist include assisting the kidney patients during the process of dialysis, looking after the machinery, administering their medication process, and maintaining records. The duties as the phlebotomy technician include evaluation of the patients’ health before dialysis, taking blood samples, and preparing specimens for testing.
Students are also trained with knowledge & skills in the field of Phlebotomy. In addition to Dialysis Certification eligibility, graduates of this program will also be eligible to take the National Certification exam in Phlebotomy to become certified Phlebotomist.
Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician
Hemodialysis or dialysis is a medical procedure in which waste products and extra free water are removed from the blood when the kidneys are in a state of kidney failure (kidneys are not functioning normally). Hemodialysis technicians are responsible for operating the dialysis machines and monitoring the patients undergoing treatment. Therefore Dialysis Technicians have both patient and equipment care responsibilities. During treatment, the blood travels through tubes from the patient’s body into the dialysis machine. While the blood is in the machine, it goes through a filter called a dialyzer, which removes waste and extra fluid. Once blood has been cleaned, it travels through tubes from the dialysis machine back into patient’s body.
Dialysis is usually administered either in the hospitals or in specially equipped dialysis centers. Most dialysis technicians are employed by hospitals, hospital outpatient clinics or dialysis centers. The Dialysis technicians are supervised by registered nurses. After successfully completing the program, students will be awarded Certificate of Completion from our College approved by the State. Graduates will be eligible to take National Certification Exams to become Certified Phlebotomy Technician, and Certified Dialysis Technologist.
Stellar Career College Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician Course Program: A Comprehensive Path to a Rewarding Career
Embarking on a career as a dialysis technologist with phlebotomy skills can be both fulfilling and financially rewarding. At Stellar Career College, the Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician program combines the essential skills and knowledge needed for both dialysis and phlebotomy, creating a comprehensive educational experience that equips students for a successful career in healthcare.
Dialysis Technologist: A Crucial Role in Patient Care
What is a Dialysis Technologist?
A dialysis technologist plays a vital role in the treatment of patients with kidney disease, particularly those who require regular dialysis to maintain their health. Dialysis technicians operate, maintain, and troubleshoot dialysis equipment, ensuring that patients receive safe and effective treatment. They also monitor and document patient progress, communicate with healthcare providers, and educate patients on dialysis procedures.
Becoming a Dialysis Technician
To become a dialysis technician, you must complete a specialized dialysis training program, such as the one offered at Stellar Career College. Dialysis technologist training covers various aspects of kidney disease, dialysis procedures, and equipment operation and maintenance. Upon completing the program, students are prepared to take the certification exam and become a certified dialysis technician or renal dialysis technician.
Phlebotomy Technician: An Essential Skill set in Healthcare
Phlebotomy technicians are responsible for collecting blood samples from patients for various tests and procedures. By including phlebotomy training within the dialysis technologist course, Stellar Career College ensures that students acquire a versatile skill set that can enhance their career prospects and make them a valuable asset in the healthcare field.
- Learn the role and responsibility of dialysis technician
- Learn the fundamentals of hemodialysis
- Learn the process of filtration of blood
- Learn the basics of setting up and operating dialysis equipment
- Learn to monitor and adjust fluid removal rate
- Learn human anatomy & physiology, especially the Kidney system
- Learn Phlebotomy, blood draw and injections
- Learn to inserts dialysis needles into a patient's arm veins
- Learn to monitor and record vital signs during treatment
- Learn to record blood sugar & hemoglobin
- Learn patient care & safety
- Learn medication administration
- Learn to clean, assemble and maintain equipment
- Learn to work as an individual and as teamwork
Occupational Outlook and Wage Statistics from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
Dialysis Technologist Information From Careeronestop (Click Here)
Phlebotomy Technician Information From Careeronestop (Click Here)
Visit Our Youtube Channel To Learn More About Our Dialysis Technologist Program (Click Here)
Learn more about Dialysis and Phlebotomy Technologists by watching the videos below:
A diploma will be awarded to those students who will successfully complete all required courses as per college’s Satisfactory Academic Requirements and fulfill their financial obligation towards the college.
Graduates will be eligible to take National Certification Exams to become Certified Phlebotomy Technician through NCCT and Certified Hemodialysis Technician/Technologist through BONENT.
- Applicants must complete an application for admission
- Applicants must provide a proof of High School Diploma, GED, college transcript or equivalent.
- Applicants must complete and sign an enrollment agreement
The College will offer this program in on-ground format as well as in hybrid format in which students can take up to 45% of the courses using online delivery method.
BIO 101 Medical Terminology
BIO 102 Anatomy and Physiology
DIA 103 Hemodialysis Technology I
DIA 104 Hemodialysis I Lab
PHL 104 Phlebotomy
PHL 105 Phlebotomy Lab
DIA 105 Hemodialysis Technology II
DIA 106 Hemodialysis II Lab
DIA 107 Hemodialysis Externship
- Stellar Career College Comprehensive Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician Course Program
- Career Opportunities and Growth for Dialysis Technologists with Phlebotomy Skills
- Benefits of Choosing Stellar Career College for Your Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician Program
Stellar Career College's Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician program is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in both dialysis and phlebotomy. The curriculum covers the following key areas:
- Fundamentals of kidney disease and dialysis
- Dialysis equipment operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Patient care and communication
- Phlebotomy techniques and procedures
- Infection control and safety measures
Upon completing the program, students will be prepared to pursue certification for dialysis technicians and begin their career in healthcare as competent, well-rounded professionals.
Graduates of Stellar Career College's Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician course program can enjoy a variety of career opportunities in healthcare settings such as hospitals, dialysis centers, and clinics. The demand for skilled dialysis technicians and phlebotomists continues to grow, offering job security and the potential for career advancement.
By acquiring a comprehensive skillset that encompasses both dialysis and phlebotomy, graduates of Stellar Career College's program can distinguish themselves in the job market and pursue a fulfilling, rewarding career in healthcare.
Job Titles and Alternative Job Titles
By acquiring a comprehensive skillset that encompasses both dialysis and phlebotomy, graduates of Stellar Career College's program can distinguish themselves in the job market and pursue a fulfilling, rewarding career in healthcare. Some potential job titles for graduates of this program include:
- Dialysis Technician: Dialysis technicians are responsible for operating dialysis machines, monitoring patients during treatments, and maintaining the equipment. They may work in hospitals, dialysis centers, or home dialysis settings.
- Phlebotomy Technician: Phlebotomy technicians are responsible for drawing blood samples from patients for diagnostic testing, blood donation, or research purposes. They may work in hospitals, clinics, laboratories, or blood banks.
- Renal Care Technician: Renal care technicians are specialized dialysis technicians who focus on the care and treatment of patients with kidney disease. They may work in hospital settings, specialized renal care clinics, or dialysis centers.
- Patient Care Technician (PCT): Patient care technicians are multi-skilled healthcare professionals who may perform both dialysis and phlebotomy tasks, as well as other duties such as taking vital signs, assisting with patient hygiene, and providing basic care. PCTs may work in hospitals, long-term care facilities, or other healthcare settings.
Career Advancement Opportunities
With experience and further education, dialysis technologists and phlebotomy technicians may have opportunities for career advancement, including:
- Supervisory or managerial roles: With experience, dialysis technologists and phlebotomy technicians may be promoted to supervisory or managerial positions, overseeing the work of other technicians or managing a dialysis center or phlebotomy department.
- Educator roles: Experienced dialysis technologists and phlebotomy technicians may choose to share their knowledge and skills by teaching at vocational schools, community colleges, or healthcare organizations.
- Advanced healthcare roles: Some graduates may choose to pursue advanced education and training in healthcare, such as becoming a registered nurse, medical technologist, or physician assistant.
Selecting the right educational institution can have a significant impact on your career trajectory. Stellar Career College offers several advantages for students pursuing a Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician course program, including:
At Stellar Career College, students have access to experienced faculty members who are experts in their respective fields. These professionals provide invaluable insights and guidance, ensuring that students receive the highest quality education and training.
Stellar Career College is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, allowing students to train using the latest technology and equipment. This hands-on experience prepares graduates for a seamless transition into their careers and ensures that they are ready to face real-world challenges.
The Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician program at Stellar Career College offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers all aspects of both dialysis and phlebotomy. This ensures that graduates have a well-rounded skillset and are well-prepared for their chosen careers.
Flexible Scheduling Options
Stellar Career College understands that many students may need to balance their education with work or family commitments. The institution offers flexible scheduling options, including part-time and evening classes, to accommodate students' busy lives.
Stellar Career College provides ongoing career support for its graduates, including job placement assistance and networking opportunities. This support ensures that students can find rewarding job opportunities and continue to grow and develop in their careers.
By choosing Stellar Career College for your Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician program, you can be confident that you are making a smart investment in your future. With the guidance of experienced faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and comprehensive support, you will be well-prepared to embark on a rewarding career in healthcare.
Hybrid Dialysis Technician Training: A Flexible Learning Solution
In today's fast-paced world, many students and working professionals are seeking flexible and convenient educational options. Hybrid dialysis technician training offers a viable solution for those who wish to pursue a career in this in-demand healthcare field while balancing work, family, and other commitments.
Advantages of Hybrid Dialysis Technician Training Program
There are several benefits to choosing hybrid dialysis technician training program, including:
- Flexible scheduling: Hybrid courses allow you to study at your own pace and on your own schedule, making it easier to balance your education with work, family, and personal commitments.
- Accessibility: Hybrid training programs are accessible from anywhere with an internet connection, eliminating the need for time-consuming and costly commutes to campus.
- Cost savings: In many cases, hybrid programs are more affordable than traditional in-person courses, as they often require fewer resources and overhead expenses.
- Variety of learning materials: Hybrid dialysis technician training programs typically offer a range of learning materials, such as videos, interactive simulations, quizzes, and discussion forums, to cater to different learning styles and preferences.
1: How long does it take to complete the Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician course program at Stellar College?
The duration of the Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician program may vary depending on the scheduling options chosen by the student. Generally, the program can be completed in 10 months, depending on whether the student is enrolled full-time or part-time.
The demand for both dialysis technologists and phlebotomy technicians continues to grow as the population ages and the prevalence of chronic kidney disease increases. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for healthcare support occupations, which includes dialysis technologists and phlebotomy technicians, is projected to grow 4-7% from 2021 to 2031, the average for all occupations.
3: Is financial aid available for the Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician course program at Stellar Career College?
Stellar Career College offers financial aid options for eligible students, including federal grants, loans, and scholarships. Prospective students are encouraged to contact the financial aid office for more information on available financial assistance.
4: Can I work as a dialysis technologist or phlebotomy technician while completing the course program at Stellar Career College?
Many students choose to work part-time or even full-time while completing their education at Stellar Career College. The flexible scheduling options, including evening and weekend classes, make it possible for students to balance their work, education, and personal commitments.
Upon completing the Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician course program at Stellar College, students are prepared to pursue various certifications. For dialysis technologists, this may include the Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) or the Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) certifications. Stellar Career College is an approved training program of Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing Technology (BONENT). For phlebotomy technician, the Phlebotomy Technician (NCPT) certification of National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) may be pursued.
In conclusion, the Dialysis Technologist with Phlebotomy Technician course program at Stellar Career College provides a solid foundation for a successful career in healthcare. With experienced faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and comprehensive support, students can be confident in their decision to pursue this rewarding career path.