Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist
Get certified to Become MRI Technician Stellar College is one of the top MRI technologist schools in Chicago, IL that offers a recognized MRI training program. Schedule a visit today!
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a diagnostic modality used for medical imaging procedures. It is a powerful tool that can offer a wealth of information about the human body. MRI is performed by using a specialized scanner called MRI machine. The MRI suit consists of computer station, patient’s table that slides into a large cylinder of the MRI machine. Inside the cylinder is a magnet that, when operated, creates a powerful magnetic field. With the help of magnetic field and radio waves, images inside the human body are taken. This procedure is especially helpful to collect images of soft tissue such as organs & muscles which do not appear on x-rays. The MRI Program offers an in-depth explanation of how MRI works. This course not only serves the basic introduction to MR imaging, but also assists students with the general overview of the didactic components as well as clinical externship required for the certification.
- Learn the components of the MR system hardware
- Learn magnetism with reasonable comfort and ability to use the subjective material
- Learn the mechanism by which MR signal is produced and detected
- Learn MR tissues characteristics such as density
- Learn conceptualize and explain spatial localization as well as MR image formation
- Learn to apply the principle of pulse sequences for appropriate clinical application
- Learn to apply the imaging parameters & options available to the user for optimal MR imaging
- Learn to identify the tissue parameters that affect tissue contrast
- Learn patient care & safety
- Learn the basics on how to maintain scanner such as quality control (QC)
Stellar Career College is excited to announce its partnership with the Corsmed; The leading MRI simulator for education, training and research. A virtual MRI scanner on your laptop – anytime and anywhere. Therefore our MRI Technologist Training program now provides access to the Corsmed Educational Platform and MRI simulator. With Corsmed, students can get hands-on MRI practice and training at any time in a safe setting. The fully-featured MRI simulation software runs on any laptop – www.corsmed.com
Occupational Outlook and Wage Statistics from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (Click Here)
MRI Technologist Information From Careeronestop (Click Here)
Visit Our Youtube Channel To Learn More About Our MRI Technologist Program (Click Here)
Learn more about MRI Technologists by watching the videos below:
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to those students who will successfully complete all required courses as per college’s Satisfactory Academic Requirements and fulfill their financial obligation towards the college.
To become eligible to challenge national certification exam in MRI through ARRT, students have to complete the following requirements:
- Complete Stellar Career College’s ARRT-recognized educational program in MRI.
- Must demonstrate competency in formal classroom education (didactic coursework), and program’s clinical requirements.
- ARRT enforces high standards of ethics and professional conduct. Students must comply with everything in the ARRT Standards of Ethics, including the Rules of Ethics. You must notify ARRT of any ethics violations within 30 calendar days of their occurrence, Applicants who don’t follow these rules might become ineligible. Several types of misconduct, charges, and convictions may violate ARRT’s Rules of Ethics. For further details on this matter, please refer to ARRT’s handbook that is available at www.arrt.org
- Applicants must complete an application for admission
- Applicants should schedule an appointment for an application interview
- Applicants must complete a nationally recognized basic skills assessment or have a High School diploma.
- Applicants must complete and sign an enrollment agreement
The College will offer this program in on-ground format as well as in hybrid format in which students can take up to 45% of the courses using online delivery method.
BIO101 Basic Medical Terminology
BIO 102 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
BIO103 Fundamentals of Pharmacology
BIO 104 Healthcare Laws and Ethics
BIO 105 Patient Care in Imaging
BIO 106 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
BIO 107 Imaging Pathology
MRI 111 MRI Cross Sectional Anatomy I
MRI 112 MRI Physics & Instrumentation I
MRI 113 MRI Imaging Techniques I
MRI 114 MRI Cross Sectional Anatomy II
MRI 115 MRI Physics & Instrumentation II
MRI 116 MRI Imaging Techniques II
MRI 121 Externship I
MRI 122 Externship II
PHL 104 Phlebotomy