Are you interested in a dental assistant course and looking for a dental assistant school in Chicago to get an accredited certified dental assistant training program?
Do you want to become a dental assistant in just eight months and be a part of the prosperous healthcare community?
Join Staller College now and become a dental assistant in just eight months.
Dental Assistant Program
Dental assisting technician is an oral healthcare professional trained to provide supportive procedures for the dentist and for patients. Dental Assisting Technology Program is designed to introduce dental assisting students to the field of dentistry and dental assisting skills. Students are trained to provide quality dental services under the direction of a licensed dentist. The course covers the basics of dental anatomy, tooth morphology, dental radiography, teeth and gum diseases, infection control management, chairside assisting procedures, dental hygiene and patient education.
After successfully completing the program, students will be awarded Certificate of Completion from our College approved by the State. The Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB) is a credentialing organization. Students will be eligible to take the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) exams to gain National Entry Level Dental Assistant (NELDA) or Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) certification.
- Learn the role and responsibilities of dental assisting technician
- Learn the skills to assist dentist with the tools and procedures that are needed
- Learn human anatomy and physiology related to dental care
- Learn to apply the principles of dental sciences to ensure quality patient care
- Learn to comply with all applicable OSHA standard
- Learn to apply current concepts of infection control and occupational safety
- Learn about safety data sheets (SDSs) to develop safe work procedures
- Learn the factors that affect dental materials and the properties of dental materials
- Learn different types of dental restorative materials
- Learn the skills of using types of dental cements
- Learn common dental procedures
- Learn how to work sanitation and safety measures
- Learn how to communicate in a clear professional manner
- Learn how to establish rapport with a patient
- Learn critical thinking practices to determine appropriate course of action
- Learn to educate patients in maintaining proper dental hygiene
Occupational Outlook and Wage Statistics from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (Click Here)
Dental Assistant Information From Careeronestop (Click Here)
Visit Our Youtube channel to learn more about our Dental Assistant Program (Click Here)
Learn more about Dental Assistants by watching the videos below:
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to those students who will successfully complete all required courses as per college’s Satisfactory Academic Requirements and fulfill their financial obligation towards the college. Graduates will be eligible to challenge national certification exam to become certified by passing the credentialing examination.
- Applicants must complete an application for admission
- Applicants should schedule an appointment for an application interview
- Applicants must complete a nationally recognized basic skills assessment or have a High School diploma.
- Applicants must complete and sign an enrollment agreement
The College will offer this program in on-ground format as well as in hybrid format in which students can take up to 45% of the courses using online delivery method.
DA101 Medical Terminology
IA102 Anatomy and Physiology
DA103 Dental Assisting Technology I
DA104 Dental Assisting I Lab
DA105 Dental Assisting Technology II
DA106 Dental Assisting II Lab
DA107 Dental Assisting Externship